Setting Up the Plugin
Login as Facebook Page Admin, and go to Page Setting.
For Page Admins, the Page settings also provide an easy setup tool for customizing your Chat Plugin. To use the setup tool, do the following:
1. Go to Page Settings > Messaging
2. In the 'Add Messenger to your website' section, click the 'Get Started' Button.
**NOTE: For New Pages Experience, you can find the setup tool via Messenger Icon -> Page Inbox -> Chat Plugin
3. In the GREETING section, you can customize an auto message after click the "Edit" button.
The setup tool provides a simple UI to customize various attributes of the Chat Plugin.
4. In the CUSTOM COLOUR section, you can customize the icon color based on your choice.
5. For POSITION, you can adjust the position of the chat icon based on the measurement.
6. And for PROMINENCE, you can set up how prominent you want the chat plugin to be on your website.
7. After all done, click "Next" button to proceed setup WEBSITE DOMAIN.
8. Add your page domain into "Add another domain" field then click "Save" button.
9. On completion, the setup tool automatically generates the code snippets (SAMPLE). Copy and Paste the Code Snippets into a Document file, and send them to your Website Developer
7. Click "Finish" to end the process.